Dr. John Johnson Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. John Johnson?

not impresed

Posted on November 9th, 2016

dr.Johnson has an outstanding reputation.I met with him and after waiting for 2 monts and an hour to se him, he saent about ten minutes with me. He let his fellow examine me.He disputed all the finding s in the report and sent me out ofr more tests like a nerve conduction test. I have sever steosis and seak legs.Two spine doctors have stated if i do not have surgery very soon, i may become paralyzed. I can barely stand up.after the tests it will be another 2 months before i can meet with him. His exam was cursory and he does not take any insurance so i just spent 500.00 for very little information.

It" s been over 14 years

Posted on May 29th, 2016

I had surgery over 14 years ago for several back problems. 2 problems were caused by a surgeon that liked to butcher people. When I met Dr Johnson I was humbled. After 4 years of botched surgeries and pain med a doctor that didn't make me feel like a drug addict and more like a human being. To repair the problems that the other Doctors caused took 8 hours of surgery. Now 14 years later I can fully walk no pain and no pills. I love this doctor and have and will continue referring him to anyone that has back problems...

Terrible Experience

Posted on May 26th, 2016

Came out of town to consult. Office is run like an assembly line. Overbooks apts. Spent over four hours in the office while doc. popped in and out. Doesn't listen. Very rude. Brags about his superior skills while you get a feeling that he hasn't even spent time understanding your case. I would NOT trust him to do surgery. The bad vibe is only intensified by the impression that you are a transaction and he doesn't care about you beyond that.

Rude, uncaring, overbearing, overpriced

Posted on April 7th, 2016

Ridiculous wait times in the office. Doesn't spend time with you. Everything is structured as an assembly line with no respect/care for the patient. Doesn't accept insurance and is terribly overpriced. This surgeon is in it for the money. Money extraction business, not medicine. Don't understand why other doctors recommend this man. Wrong diagnosis is not surprising given the lack of attention and compassion. This is one of the rudest, worst experiences I've had, and I've been to a lot of other surgeons & doctors. Not having surgery with him and regret coming all this distance to see him. Live and learn...

Horrible Dr. and even worst bed side manner!!..

Posted on January 5th, 2016

Saw Johnson 4 separate times and got 4 different diagnosis. Ordered a test them admitted that he had no idea how to read it, saying lets go look at the pretty colors on the test. His demeanor on each visit was extremely arrogant and narcissistic. I would not recommend him at all.

Worst dr. Ever!

Posted on September 10th, 2015

My husband had spine surgery with him. He almost crippled my husband since then my husband has had multiple fusions to fix his mess of a back thanks to dr. Johnson. He is the worst doctor do not go to him. He is unethical and a poor doctor! He has ruined our life

Bad Surgen

Posted on April 13th, 2015

This man wrecked my life with 2 surgeries, go anywhere else.

Outstanding Doctor

Posted on July 8th, 2014

My doctor referred me to Dr. Johnson when pain medication and epidural injections were no longer effective. He told me that Dr. Johnson was an excellent, highly skilled neurosurgeon and that he would do surgery only if it was absolutely necessary and if it could help me. I had been diagnosed with multiple serious back issues including scoliosis, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, multi level degenerative disk disease, and various other structural problems that caused constant pain and also limited my walking to a quarter of a block. After my first visit to see Dr. Johnson I felt confident in his expertise and his ability to decide on the proper operative approach. I am now two months post surgery and have only praise for this outstanding doctor. I have none of the pain that I experienced before surgery, can now walk with ease, and can hardly believe my eyes when I look in the mirror and see a strong, straight and healthy person looking back at me. Dr. Johnson gave me a second chance at life and I shall always be grateful to him.

A legend in his own mind..

Posted on June 20th, 2014

Like other patients here, I went into surgery with one problem, and left with the very same problem plus several more. I also concur with the general consensus re: his inability to listen and his arrogance when confronted with anything less than a desired outcome, but I’ll add to that my frustration with the many voicemail-is-full messages, and the general mayhem that in other physician's offices is commonly referred to as "staff." From start to finish, my experience was disastrous, especially shocking in light of the so-called “prestige” with which Patrick Johnson has been anointed. Why so many doctors, including my own, recommend him eludes me. And that I was foolishly ensnared by his reputation is something I will forever regret. My 1st office visit (and only visit pre-surgery) turned into an all-day affair: when Johnson finally deigned to see me, he left to "get something," came back, left again to "do something," then to "take a call" and so on. I have a somewhat rare neurological disorder about which he was unfamiliar and uninterested. When I tried to explain, he told me it’s irrelevant. "There's a fire here, we gotta put it out." Only he didn't. The neurological problems were indeed very pertinent, as I ended up learning the hard way. I’ve since followed up with a number of surgeons, "prominent" and otherwise. Without fail, each expressed bafflement and dismay at what Johnson did and why he apparently just stopped without proceeding to the next lumbar level. Further, there’s reluctance from these guys to operate on top of the mess Johnson left behind. Last week, another surgeon accessed the original pre-surgery MRI films and was thus able to explicitly pinpoint that there is literally "a mess." On either side of the surgical site, Dr. Johnson left behind residue that any semi-competent surgical student would have removed. And he indeed did just stop at a certain point in the surgery (something else came up?), adding to the multiple problems below and above, all of which have worsened over the few years since, leaving me with atrophied legs & feet. My aggressive leg bracing is on its way to being replaced with a wheelchair. What is wrong with this doctor and the system that supports him? Is it because he blindly insists that every operation is a success despite the evidence? A few weeks post-surgery, he told me the pain (the same pain I initially appeared with) must be "bursitis." Huh? He sent me off to find a doctor to inject me with cortisone ("you wouldn't want me to do it!”) A few weeks after that, still with the same symptoms, when it was clearly apparent the surgery didn’t work, he actually, I swear to God, told me to "shut up." And yes, I know, some of his patients praise both the doctor and their successful outcomes. But look at the percentages (and not the ones that he spouts), check what others are reporting both here and on other websites, beyond this one, and think twice.

Chairman - Senior Portfolio Manager

Posted on May 13th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Johnson was amazing. When I found out that I required spine surgery, I wanted someone that I could trust. Dr. Johnson conveyed a level of confidence that was reassurring to me. His communication skills were another great attribute that gave me confidence that he was the right surgeon for me. My surgery was a success and I am grateful for Dr. Johnson and his care.

Disappointed

Posted on March 28th, 2014

Dr Johnson did my surgery four years ago, I just forgot how rude, arrogant and somewhat abrasive he is. He waltzes in after you deal with his equally rude his Fellow . Explains very little...and generally seems dis interested.

Former Spine Patient

Posted on May 7th, 2013

Dr. J. Patrick Johnson and team at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center: Dr. Johnson is the BEST neurosurgeon on the planet... And he truly saved my life. I am 5 & 6 years post op (respectively), from an Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion and a Post Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion with hardware; and at the time I was only 27-28-years old when going through these surgeries. I never thought that there would be a day in my life again that I would be pain free, medicine free, and mobile again. I laugh now because I have other issues due to age...lol...but as far as back pain? None! Medication: None! Mobility: plenty! Dr. J. Patrick Johnson is NOT only brilliant at what he does in the surgery room, but his overall character is gentle, straightforward, so genuine, empathetic, and I mean what I say when I have NEVER met a doctor who cared so much and was ALWAYS there!! His ENTIRE staff, especially his P.A. Jodi Ladge, was just as caring, genuine, empathetic, and available as Dr. Johnson; and I absolutely love and respect her for that! There is NOT ONE thing negative that I can say about this amazing doctor and his staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spine Disorders is by far the most elite group I have ever had the opportunity to come in contact with. What a blessing...a true blessing. If I had ALL the money in the world...I would donate much of my wealth to the Institute for Spine Disorders...so they can continue to be on top for minimally invasive, technologically advanced, and up to date spine care for all who needs it! I am surely an advocate for spine care...take care of your back folks...and do NOT forget...Bend the knees when you are lifting heavy objects!! Many blessings! xoxo