Dr. John P Long Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John P Long Jr?

I followed Dr. Long from the Leonard Morse even though I have to drive an extra half hour. I have a lot of Faith in him and it's going on about ten years. Hopefully another ten!!!

Good experience

Doctor Long is very professional and knowledgeable. He took time to explain the procedures that I would undergo and calmed my fears about prostate cancer.

Arrogant and Insenstive

I spoke with Dr. Long on the phone and I did appreciate the time he took to talk to a prospective patient. I found his style condescending and he had no interest in listening, only in trying to get me to do a medical procedure without having the data. A colleague of mine saw him recently and came to the same conclusion--he is arrogant and not up to speed on recent advances in the field, especially in the area of imaging. I would not recommend him given the other available talent in the Boston area.

You won't find better

Dr Long is a superb clinician and diagnostician. He is one of the very best urologists in the area, and I dare say in all of New England. More than once he was selected by his peers as a "top doc" in urology (Boston Magazine). I would personally drive three hours to consult him. Moreover, he is a well-rounded person, a devoted family man, a gentleman, and a humanist. Because of all these things he is very busy. I recommend him highly.

Patient

Straightforward, clear diagnostic discussions, skilful treatment and follow up.

TURP Surgery

I need a TURP procedure done immediately and Dr. Long got me in to his office the next day, and schedule the procedure quickly. The surgery went smoothly with no problems, and the recovery was better than Dr. Long expected. He was always available to me for questions and follow up either in person or on the phone. I always got into his office on schedule with only a 5 minute wait.

Excellent consult and followup

Dr. Long provided the most thorough consult on my longstanding urological problem that I have ever had. His credentials are impressive. He treated me very respectfully and spent as much time as I needed .