Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Owens has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr Owens concern and involvement in finding my diagnosis in his specialty but then went far beyond what the majority of physicians I have seen in the past have done and he stressed including other factors of my health that contributed to my diagnosis and were detrimental to my overall health. He contacted other physicians to assist in areas that were not his expertise to formulate a plan for overall health improvement. He spent a great deal of time explaining the problem to me, what our goals are and how we are going to achieve them. He did order some diagnostic tests that were necessary but did not go overboard on unnecessary tests. I did need a prescription but he eliminated several prescriptions that my previous physician had me on which I believe had been contributing to my increased health issues. A pill is not always the solution and I was relieved to learn Dr Owens seemed to feel that way also. I did need 3 rx's without question for my problem, but not 9 others. It was refreshing to meet a physician that did not seem to feel the only way they were doing their job was if they handed the pt a new prescription as they walked out the door. During reflection of my appointment after I was home I felt informed, confident in his competency, care and a resolve to my previous health issues. He was personable, easy to talk with and professional.
49 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Dr. John P Owens accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSunnyside Community Hospital, 1016 Tacoma Ave, Sunnyside, WA
Dr. John P Owens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sunnyside, WA.