Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John P Ricci
Dr. John P Ricci, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Great Neck, NY, with another office in Great Neck, NY. His specialties include Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Practice. Dr. Ricci is affiliated with Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John P Ricci has 2 locations
900 Northern Blvd Ste 100
Great Neck, NY 11021
900 Northern Blvd Ste 100
Great Neck, NY 11021
Book Online Now
Dr. John P Ricci has the following 3 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. John P Ricci has the following 5 expertise
Dr. John P Ricci is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Aggressive Surgery on an Elderly Patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. John P Ricci - Posted on May 30th, 2015
Dr. Ricci took five hours to perform a one-hour colostomy on my mother. We still don't know what exactly he did during the surgery. After the surgery, my mother bled internally for one year. Dr. Ricci told us that the bleeding had nothing to do with his surgery and could be colon cancer or something else. My mom later was examined by a gastroenterologist who confirmed that the bleeding was coming from her small intestine, at the site of the anesthemosis (where Dr. Ricci cut the intestine and joined parts of it together). My mom was so weakened after the bleeding that she almost died during a subsequent surgery to widen the stenosis (narrowing of the intestine resulting in almost no food traveling through). My mom is now almost completely disabled.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John P Ricci - Posted on May 12th, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ricci is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Univ Med Dent Of Nj
St Johns Hospital
Dr. John P Ricci Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
Locations & Directions
Dr. John P Ricci is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.