The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Scott
Dr. John Scott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI, with another office in Milwaukee, WI. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology, Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. Dr. Scott is affiliated with CHILDRENS HOSPITAL OF WISCONSIN, Sickle Cell and HematologyHemophilia. He speaks English.
Dr. John Scott has the following 3 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hemostatic Disorders
- von Willebrand Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Scott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CHILDRENS HOSPITAL OF WISCONSIN
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
17 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 2000
Dr. John Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Scott in this video.
Dr. John Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.