Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John P Sullivan
Dr. John P Sullivan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norman, OK, with another office in Moore, OK. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Sullivan is affiliated with Norman Regional (Main Campus). Dr. Sullivan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John P Sullivan has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. John P Sullivan has the following 1 expertise
Dr. John P Sullivan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Sullivan is a very qualified, knowledgable physician who cares about his patients. He has an excellent "bedside manner", is calm and patient, whether for surgery or pain management. He is one of the best doctors I have had care for me. Additionally, he is incredible with children and always seems to be able to make them feel calm before surgery.I highly recommend Dr. Sullivan.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sullivan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. John P Sullivan accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John P Sullivan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norman, OK.