Dr. John Paul Veri Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John Paul Veri?

what a mess

him & PRHC ruined my life trying twice to repair my broken foot cant work constant pain thx for nothing

Pain free walking

Dr. Veri has done a great job on both my feet. I had re-constructive surgery. For the first time in 40 years I am walking pain free. I went through surgery with 2 other surgeons who botched my feet with bunion surgery and chiseling bones. I couldn't find another surgeon who was willing to do what Dr. Veri did. They said it was too extensive of a surgery and the risks were too great. One of my feet did not heal properly to the metal plate and the plate broke. Dr. Veri did assure me in the beginning if anything goes wrong, he can always fix it. Being a diabetic didn't help the healing process, he was right, he fixed it. Being in pain my whole life, I was willing to try anything. I'm glad i did. I may not have healed right the first time, but I sure did the second time. Thanks Doc!

Ruined my life, over 5 years off work now and my new surgeon says probably have to amputate. Thx for nothing veri

Horrible outcome, ankle reconstruction. Ten years of limited mobility and chronic pain. After looking in to the situation, I found many previous patients with similar outcomes. Have been told by many physical therapists, also, that using him was a mistake as they saw very poor results. Please choose another physician.

Foot

After 5 years of pain. Two operations by the the worst Dr in the Valley, plus two more corrective ops by another otho ,I am today in bed,unable to walk. Thousands of dollars later the original surgery was not nessary. Just some arthritis.

Dr. Veri did an OATS procedure on my ankle, taking bone and cartledge out of my knee to put into my foot. He presented this as the more successful option, and told me the knee would be none the worse. Two weeks of PTO, thousands out of pocket, and my foot hurts worse as a result, and now I have knee problems as well. He left the country shortly after completing my surgery, so he'll never know what a mistake my surgery was.

How bad can a surgeon get?

Dr? Veri was probably the worse dr I have ever gone to. He did work that I did not know he was going to do. I saw him once then all I saw was his PA. When I started to complain he started to see me during my post op appts. Three years later my foot is in pain, it is constantly cramping , and it gives out causing me to fall. Because of these falls I have had at least two concussions. I have known people who have had similar surgeries without half the problems I have. When I did see him all he did was complain about how little money he received for this surgery.

DON'T EVER LET HIM OPERATE ON YOU!!!!

I went to Dr.Veri a few years ago,( before he was kicked out of Medford, OR) for a bunion that had started getting uncomfortable. My foot was OK most of the time, but had suddenly painful episodes on occasion. Dr.Veri did surgery that was supposed to correct this bunion. His surgery resulted in a severely damaged foot, that is rigid, painful, swelling,and will never be functional again. Multiple doctors who have examined my foot since, and reviewed the operating notes, have told me that Dr.Veri did so many things terribly wrong, and did surgically much more than should have ever been done, and absolutely wrong for a mild to moderate bunion correction. Doctors are usually conservative with judgments like this, but Dr.Veri's "work" was so outlandishly bad, they had to say something. He fled to OHSU in Portland after being kicked out of Medford, and didn't last in Portland, either. I've heard he's back in Canada, and if you're Canadian and considering having him do surgery on you, RUN AWAY FAST to someone, anyone, else! If this review helps spare even one person from Dr.Veri's terrible and damaging hands, I will be content.

Overall a good review

I had a great experience. Dr. Veri did a great job with my ankle replacement. He is a little abrupt and not too talkative. He is very professional, and very intelligent. Would recamend him to anyone .

Don't let him touch you

I initially met him and was told I needed flat foot reconstructive surgery. One year and four operations later, I just found out I need another one. He wants to cut down the same incision for a fourth time.My own family doctor will not allow me to go back to him. Am now awaiting for a referral to another surgeon in Toronto.

Horrible doctor (if you can call him that). Very cruel and lazy. He sent in a resident to look at me and the resident was ignorant, rude, and accusatory. He kept twisting and hitting my ankle which had a partially torn ligament and nerve damage and did not care that I was screaming in pain. He accused me of being a drug addict simply because my doctor prescribed me pain medication for my injury (which I only took on an AS NEEDED basis). I told Dr. Veri what happened and he couldn't care less. He literally came in, looked (not examined, but looked at it like one looks at someone's shoes) at my ankle, told me that it would take time to heal, and left. I waited for at least 45 minutes for this. What a horrible excuse for a doctor and a human being. I hope he's no longer practicing.

Barely able to walk

Dr. Veri did my surgery 5 years ago and I'm in so much pain now I can barely work. He is a greedy worthless human being that will lie to your face in order to cut you open. I hope this review saves someone the pain that I have been through. Please, from the bottom of my heart - get a second opinion.