Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John T Paulsel
Dr. John T Paulsel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Paulsel is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Paulsel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John T Paulsel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 28
I have been a patient of Dr. Paulsel's for more than 10 years and invariably find him to be calm, compassionate, and thoughtful in his diagnosis. At the start of his practice, he was the first doctor to introduce the use of computers to medical practice. He is meticulous about details, stays on schedule and has a good staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Paulsel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. John T Paulsel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Clinic Of Houston Llp, 1707 Sunset Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. John T Paulsel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.