Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John K Paulsen
Dr. John K Paulsen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peoria, IL, with another office in Peoria, IL. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Paulsen is affiliated with Unitypoint Methodist Medical Center and Osf St Francis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John K Paulsen has the following 1 specialty
- Varicose Veins
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
My dad had to go in for surgery. It was a life changing surgery. He was the doctor doing the rounds that week and came in to talk with us. Well he talked for 5 seconds and tried to leave. He tried to walk out and I said "umm" and he turned back around and say "yeah" and pointed to my mom. He looked at her and he says "what is it?" She asked her question as he listened with disgust and totally didn't answer the question my mom asked. This guy is completely rude. If you can't handle talking with patients, especially before a life changing surgery, and answer questions and comfort them a bit, then get out of the profession. I'm mean come on. My dad had lost a leg. Have a little more compassion.
Arrogant, rude, old school deity mentality. He should retire. General surgeons are a special breed. He is the poster child. I would avoid him and would never recommend him. His comments are non-professional. He offers no help for anyone suffering post surgery. Expect nothing from this man. He is an old surgeon who has had his day in the sun and now it is time to pass the baton.
Dr. Paulsen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Osf St Francis Medical Center
Dr. John K Paulsen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John K Paulsen in this video.
Dr. John K Paulsen is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Peoria, IL.