Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John Paulson
Dr. John Paulson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA, with other offices in Culpeper, VA and Newport News, VA (and 6 other locations). He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Paulson is affiliated with Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, Sentara Leigh Hospital and Riverside Regional Medical Center. Dr. Paulson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John Paulson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. John Paulson has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. John Paulson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 6
Dr Paulson is an amazing surgeon. Only after I had my surgery did I find out he has taught physicians for the last 30 years in laparoscopic techniques he helped to develop. My friend had a hysterectomy with another surgeon in the practice and spent 6 weeks off of work and still has problems 6 months later. Dr. Paulson did mine laparoscopically in less than an hour and I was back to work in a week. He has also treated my daughter for pelvic pain issues successfully, something she couldn't even get other doctors to take seriously. I am so sorry he left Altoona--
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Paulson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital
Sentara Leigh Hospital
Riverside Regional Medical Center
Altoona Regional Health System
Reston Town Center Pediatrics
Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Virginia Hospital Center
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Lonesome Pine Hospital
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Forest Park Hospital
Des Peres Hospital
Altoona Regional Health System Altoona Hospital Campus
Bon Secours Depaul Med Center
42 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Paulson, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Norfolk, VA, in this video.
Dr. John Paulson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.