More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John H Paylor III
Dr. John H Paylor III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC, with another office in Greenville, SC. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery and Internal Medicine. Dr. Paylor is affiliated with Bon Secours-St Francis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John H Paylor III has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John H Paylor III is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I was sent to Dr. Paylor for a second opinion. I was only in the waiting room about 10 minutes and the exam room about 5 before seeing the Doctor. HE came in, introduced himself and looked at thr MRI results. He then showed me the MRI and explained the pictures and pointed out the problems and how He planned to fix them. He spent between 20 - 30 minutes with me and before I left He gave me a pamphlet that explained the procedure and what to expect afterward. He was very nice and professional and answered all my questions. The insurance co. has just approved the surgery. I'll update my review after it is done.
I was ushered into the examining area by a nurse. Dr. Paylor came in, did not introduce himself and not once during the exam did he use my name. He did not encourage questions, and several times walked out of the room while talking to me over his shoulder. His examination was thorough, and he's no doubt skilled in his profession, but his communication skills seem to be poor. I am not planning on returning for a followup visit, but will seek another doctor.
Dr. Paylor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Sc Medical Center
Dr. John H Paylor III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John H Paylor III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, SC.