Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John L Pennock
Dr. John L Pennock, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Camp Hill, PA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Pennock is affiliated with Holy Spirit Hospital A Geisinger Affiliate. He speaks English.
Dr. John L Pennock has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. John L Pennock has the following 5 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
Dr. John L Pennock is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Pennock is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Pinnacle Health System
Dr. John L Pennock accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
Locations & DirectionsVenkatesh Kadiresan Nadar MD, 875 Poplar Church Rd Ste 400, Camp Hill, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John L Pennock in this video.
Dr. John L Pennock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Camp Hill, PA.