Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Pickel Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John A Pickel Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. John A Pickel Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John A Pickel Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Well I will make a long story short. I went in to make sure that I didn't have a bacteria issue. I was told by the nurse that he would be doing a wiff test. I asked what that was and she explained he would basically smell to see if there was a bad smell and know whether or not I had a problem. I also was concerned about my missed period and being on the pill. She told me that I shouldn't worry since it's only a few days late. I went in the examination room and after we talked he swabbed my vagina and smelled the swab and threw it in the trash. The nurse was present for all of this. I could not believe this. I don't think this can be normal! Anyways he said I was ok but he'd send the pharmacy a prescription encase of reoccurrence. Well I woke up the next day and my vagina was itching. Never do I have yeast problems unless I'm pregnant. So I ran to the store and grabbed a test and guess what?! You guessed it! Pregnant! So if you are looking for a pretty disappointing experience his office is where to go.
Dr Pickles is very rude, no bedside manner or compassion. Came into the exam room without so much as an introduction or anything of sorts and just went straight to the problem. He wasn't kind at all considering I was in pain. He was chewing gum very unprofessionally and it felt like he was in a rush to get out because he considered my problem insignificant. I'll never go back there!
Dr. Pickel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. John A Pickel Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Pickel Jr in this video.
Dr. John A Pickel Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.