Dr. John R Pittman Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. John R Pittman?

Medicare Fraud Alert!

Nursing staff shows poor communications, bed side manners and very little compassionate caring. I was described as a mental patient and criminal just for complaining about too many medications that have been prescribed and the every two weeks for Lab work just for checking my Testosterone levels. They charge on average over $1000 from my Medicare insurance while my friends only pay a fraction of what I'm paying. Must be the $100 syringes only for the Testosterone injections.

Dr. Pittman really knows his stuff and is willing to help and point you in the proper direction when it comes to your health.

Awesome Doctor

After Dr Pittmen diagnosed that I have Type 2 Diabetes he called every morning & every night for 2wks to see what my glucose levels were. I've never had a doctor call me at home ever. He is kind and caring He explains everything. His office staff up front know me by my name & they are professional & friendly. Sometimes the wait in the reception is long but I think it's because he has a very busy practice.

Very good family dentist. Nice staff.

Dr. Pittman is so wonderful! He is absolutely the best Doctor in the city. All the years I went to him, his staff was incompetent and rude.

I have been going to Dr. Pittman for years. He is the only doctor I know that knows who I am, knows my mother-in-law and also has her as a patient and a asked about my children whom he use to treat as children. He always explains things to me completely and is very friendly. I have and continue to recommend him to family and friends.

Great Doc!!

I am a firm believer in Dr. Pittman! He is a great doc and and enjoyable person. He does have a busy practice but that is to be expected for a 20+ year practice. He still finds time to listen and diagnose each problem I present. I have been his patient for over 3 years and will remain a patient as long as he continues to practice medicine.

After 13 yrs we found hope here!!

This man is a genius!! He runs actual test to tell you what wrong instead of guessing,

He was kind and listened to my concerns. He encouraged me and gave me hope that I could feel better. I started feeling better after the first visit and continue to improve

My Doctor

Dr Pittman is very kind and caring doctor. He is very friendly and takes my health very serious. He takes time to talk to me as long as needed. The only negative thing about my whole experience with him, is that he is so attentive that when seeing him, I can expect at least 2 hrs with him.

Significant Problems in Practice

I have seen Dr. Pittman for some time. I believe him to be a very intelligent person and in many respects an excellent doctor. However, he is too busy and there are real problems with his staff, for which he must take responsibility. However, he does not appear willing to do so. In attempting to get a refill for a routine prescription I have taken for years, I had the refill request denied. When I talked with the refill nurse I was told I could not get a refill on my prescription if I was "not coming in for my appointments." I have seen Dr. Pittman regularly every few months, had seen him only two months previously and had lab work relative to the very presciption I was requesting a refill on! I was repeatedly told that I had "no showed" for an appointment that I had in fact cancelled while waiting for the results of some other medical testing I had had done, in line with Dr. Pittman's own request. I myself had called Dr. Pittman's office the day before to see if he wanted me to have some additional bloodwork done. I explained this repeatedly . Yet, I was as much as told that I am a liar, don't know what I am talking about, and am non-compliant. The record clearly shows that that is not the case. A consultation with Dr. Pittman or his nurse would also have resolved the issue. However, this did not happen. I am not willing to go through a fight, be called a liar, and take three days when I need prescription refills. I do have other options. When I spoke with Dr. Pittman directly about this, he acknowledged mistakes had been made and apologized, which I did appreciate. However, in the end he made excuses for the staff and said nothing could be done to correct the situation. He blamed the system and seemed to feel that he is as much a victim of it as anyone. He is the one who is, or should be, in charge of his practice and it is up to him to ensure that his patients are not treated inappropriately and that they are able to get their needed medications. Communication between his staff and Dr. Pittman appears to be a real problem. If his staff do not have the time or training to adequately respond to patients' needs in a courteous and thoughtful manner, something is wrong with the way his practice is structured, and he does have control of that. Perhaps he needs to limit the number of patients he sees, give his staff better training, and instruct them to consult with him. Since this is not going to happen, I regrettably have had to find a new physician, where I do not anticipate such problems.

A Great Doctor

I see Dr. Pittman as a great doctor. I dont have a negative thing to say about him. He has been my doctor for years. He is nice and kind. Its great to have a Doctor who cares. If there is someone who says diffrent they are wrong.