Dr. John Ponder Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Ponder?

Very knowledgeable doctor.

Posted on April 27th, 2015

Dr. Ponder has seen me for almost two years. I had two ear surgeries with him. He removed a cholesteatoma and performed a canal down mastoidectomy. My ear didn't heal properly the first time, and he tried to fixed it with different office procedures, but failed, and we agreed to have a second surgery for revision. He tried hard before rushing me to have surgery again. He always said to me "I won't give up on you" so, I felt that he was really interested on healing me. I am finally doing great!. He is very knowledgeable doctor. I trusted him since my first visit. I have a very particular ear with a lot of surgeries in the past, so I am always concern about the doctors who treats me. If I have to move again, I think I would have to fly to Dallas just for his check up appointments. He is a very peaceful doctor, doesn't talk too much, and doesn't explain too much if you don't ask. That can bother some people. But, if you ask him, he will take all the time to explain you. The only bad thing I have to tell about the Grapevine office where he works is that the waiting time in the office before seeing the doctor is way too long, sometimes it takes an hour before Dr. Ponder sees me. But, if you need a prompt appointment, they can put you on the same day. The staff and nurse are very nice, and they work on you with your schedule, and if you have questions, nurses answer pretty quickly.

Posted on November 12th, 2013

Was referred to this Dr. By another Dr.. Because I have ringing in the ears, dizziness, blurred vision and major headaches. I took a hearing test and this Dr. Told me since I passed it, he can't help me. I am sitting there with my head spinning, blurred vision and he told me he couldn't help me. I guess I had to fail the heating test for him to be interested in why I'm so dizzy. Really ??? I waited to see him for 2 hours and 15 minutes for him to come in and spend 6 minutes with me to send me away. I would never recommend this Doctor !!!!

Posted on September 21st, 2012

Highly recommend. Very sensitive to what I had to say. Explained procedure in an easy to understand way.

long time patient "Peggy Tucker"

Posted on May 29th, 2012

Dr. Ponder has treated me for ear and sinus problems for years. He is an excellent doctor. I always tell people that he is the only ear/sinus doctor in Texas! To me he is very special and I would trust him with my life.

Dissatisfied

Posted on December 20th, 2011

My son and my wife went to Dr. Ponders office due to my son having lumps in his throat. Our family docto ordered a ultra sound and were concerned regarding the lumps. My son is in pain and has allready taken anti biotics and steroids. Dr. Ponder did not have any bed side manners. He hardly spent any time with my son. Did not even bother to look at the ultra sound report. I feel we just waisted our money to get no answers.

Highly recommend

Posted on August 2nd, 2010

Dr. Ponder was the only physician who was able to recognize that my daughter's severe headaches may be caused by large tonsils blocking her airway during sleep. Ever since her tonsillectomy, she has had a very high energy level and no longer suffers from headaches. When my 6 year old started complaining of severe fatigue and chronic sinus problems, I brought her to Dr.Ponder and he took my concerns seriously and removed her tonsils. My 6 year old is now a happy, energetic child. I highly recommend and trust Dr.Ponder. He has positively changed the lives of 2 of my children for the better. I can't thank him enough.

Total Thyroidectomy due to Thyroid Cancer

Posted on April 2nd, 2010

Dr. Ponder was highly recommended by my GP. (My GP said, "If it was my thyroid that had to come out, Dr. John Ponder is the only surgeon I'd go to.) Dr. Ponder is a super guy -- he understood my fears, answered all my questions and truely cared about my wife and I. Plus, he's a very talented surgeon and did a superb textbook thyroidectomy. Quick, simple and no complications. He's the very best.

Posted on August 14th, 2017