Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Pro
Dr. John Pro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Independence, MO, with other offices in Kansas City, MO and Lees Summit, MO . He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Pro is affiliated with St Lukes Hospital Of Kansas City, St Joseph Health Center and Menorah Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Pro has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. John Pro has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. John Pro is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I have been treated by Dr. Pro for bipolar depression, asked to be checked in to a stress unit, after having some suicidal thoughts, Dr. Pro sent me to Research Hospital psychiatric unit which is not a stress unit, I asked Dr. Pro to let me go home with my wife, and his response was that he had done all of this work to get me admitted and that he could not jump at my every whim, and he wanted me to try to stay out the night. The more I thought about spending the night there and the inconsiderate way he spoke to me no way was I going to stay, therefore I would not recommend Dr. Pro to anyone who might have serious mental issues, it might inconvenience him to have to treat you on the patients terms who is also paying the bill.
A very compassionate man who really cares about his patients.
Dr. Pro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Lukes Hospital Of Kansas City
St Joseph Health Center
Menorah Medical Center
Research Medical Center
Medical Center of Independence
St Mary's Medical Center
Research Psychiatric Center
Lee's Summit Hospital
Lee's Summit Hospital
St Joseph Health Center, Kansas City, Mo
40 Years Experience
University of Kansas
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Pro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Independence, MO.