The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John L Proffitt has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. John L Proffitt has the following 13 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Age-Related Problems
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
Dr. John L Proffitt has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I've been seeing Dr. P for 3 years. I would take my Mom and Dad many times throughout the year. They were in their late 80's and always needed a derma attention. It happens when your in your 80's! As for me and the kids, he's easy to get an appt for, efficient with our time, friendly with a quick chit chat, knowledgeable and no over drama. In, out, pay and go. Insurance can be tricky with dermatologists, labs, pathology, deductibles, but the billing is usually very fair. His staff is kind of mellow, not high energy. It's convenient to get a little extra vanity applications done, if you want something added on. Dr. P works great for us!
Staff billing was fine. His office was not busy when I was there, so they probably won't make you wait much or struggle to get an appointment. I didn't get much in the way of dermatology services, medical diagnosis, so I can't evaluate his medical knowledge, but for getting things cut out, I'd rate his manual skill highly. He was the third doc I'd had to do the same procedure over the years and he was the best, and he was very reasonable to deal with in incorporating my own treatment preferences.
35 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. John L Proffitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSilverberg Surgical & Medical Group, 1401 Avocado Ave Ste 703, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John L Proffitt in this video.
Dr. John L Proffitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.