Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John F Prudich
Dr. John F Prudich, MD is a Doctor primarily located in McKinney, TX. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Prudich is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Dallas Regional Medical Center (Galloway Campus). Dr. Prudich has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John F Prudich has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Four weeks after surgery, my husband had a boil or pimple looking bump come up on his shoulder. Prudich dug in it and pinched on it every other day for two weeks, proclaiming that he had not had an infected surgery since 1997. He finally sent us to a specialist who had to open him back up to find the infection had eaten away the first repair and all the muscle and tissue of the shoulder. The rotator cuff repair could not be done again because there is nothing left in the shoulder to repair. He did not even open the bandage and look at the incision for about three weeks. This was a life threatening infection that he did not take seriously! Yes, his office staff are courteous and friendly, always getting us in without a wait. Why did he not consider this infection to be deadly???? No more "country doctors" for us!! My husband was in the hospital six days after going through five weeks of recovery and rehab from the first surgery. Now we are on antibiotics at home with a picc line. I am very nervous about having to administer antibiotics and keep this line sterile. Bad enough the infection is deadly. This has changed our lives drastically...and not for the good. Many times he joked about how far he could stick the q-tip down in the infected area and then he would go in circular motion down inside. He also pinched on it like a pimple for many days.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Prudich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1982
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. John F Prudich accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJohn F Prudich Md Pa, 1441 Redbud Blvd Ste 121, McKinney, TX
Dr. John F Prudich is similar to the following 0 Doctors near McKinney, TX.