The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Pym
Dr. John Pym, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Pym is affiliated with Main Line Hospital Paoli, Frankford Hospital - Torresdale Campus and Albert Einstein Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Pym has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Lung Cancer
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Pym is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Main Line Hospital Paoli
Frankford Hospital - Torresdale Campus
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Temple Lower Bucks Hospital
Frankford Hospital - Bucks County Campus
Main Line Hospital Lankenau
Frankford Hosp -Torresdale Ca, Philadelphia, Pa
-Lankenau Hospital - On staff since 2004
M L Hospital, Inc Lankenau
-Bryn Mawr Hospital - On staff since 2004
M L Hospital, Inc Bryn Mawr
-Paoli Hospital - On staff since 2004
M L Hospital, Inc Paoli
Aria Health-Torresdale Division
Aria Health Torresdale Campus
41 Years Experience
University Of Adelaide
Graduated in 1972
Dr. John Pym accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Pym MD, 8100 Lincoln Dr, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Pym in this video.
Dr. John Pym is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.