Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John R Quimby has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John R Quimby has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. John R Quimby has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Doctor Quimby is a very good Doctor. Hes smart and knows medicine inside and out. He also is very intelligent with natural cures or clever suggestions. He is polite and very nice. My first meet with him was pathetic, he indicated that I needed to go to 10th, ANH because I was on medicaid, I was insulted. He was a jerk. He acted like I was not worthy of adequate medical care there, and I needed to go wait in line with all the other medicaid recipients on 10th, and stated that as well. However, after time passed he has demonstrated different techniques. I told him, he ran me off when I was first sick, and now these are the results, I had a serious problem that he had turned me away. Now days he explains everything, he is very good and very medically smart. I would recommend him for health problems that no other Doctors can resolve.
Dr. John R Quimby accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Locations & DirectionsUrgent Care Medical Clinic, 5437 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 1, Anchorage, AK
Dr. John R Quimby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.