Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John R Alexander Jr
Dr. John R Alexander Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Pleasant, SC, with another office in Mount Pleasant, SC. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with East Cooper Regional Medical Center. Dr. Alexander has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John R Alexander Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. John R Alexander Jr has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. John R Alexander Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John R Alexander Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I came into Dr. Alexander's office in a great deal of pain, due to a herniated disc. I was greeted by a friendly staff. We decided on a block to relieve the pain. I was greatly surprised by the amount of reduced pain after one injection. It has allowed me to function at a much higher level each day. I now I have a smile on my face again, due to the relief I have received.
I've been a patient for 3 years and it's very hard to find a practice that provides exceptional care while running an organized business, Dr. Alexander does. Upon arriving I am grated by a friendly smile and I am called back quickly. Dr. Alexander takes his time to listen before speaking. He is always personable and always strives to get me back to 100%. I feel confident recommending Dr. Alexander!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Medical University Hospital Authority
Dr. John R Alexander Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John R Alexander Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, SC.