Dr. John R Allen Is this you?

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John R Allen?

Says one thing then does something completely different. Let's his assistant make decisions and then backs her with no communication with the patient. Absolutely no follow through. BEWARE of this doctor if you have any serious medical issues

No Follow Up

I have two issues about my visit with Dr. Allen. (1) On October 25, 2017, Dr. Allen referred me to EKG immediately after my visit with him due to an irregular heartbeat. The technician did the EKG and told me she was faxing the results to Dr. Allen and I saw her doing that. I have not received the results. (2) I have ongoing severe pain in my neck and back due to osteoarthritis and other doctors have prescribed Hydrocodone. He told me he could not prescribe Hydrocodone nor could other physicians at that facility, and he would contact Pain Management and they would call me to make an appointment. My impression was there is a cavalier attitude concerning Hydrocodone by physicians at BMC . I have not received a call from Pain Management about an appointment for pain medication for my severe pain from osteoarthritis. I know that addicts have abused pain meds, plus other people have died from overdosing on pain meds. However, should a person's quality of life at an older age be reduced because of other people's abuse and the cavalier attitude displayed by physicians from what I inferred from my appointment with Dr. Allen? I have lived in Montana and Texas, and the physicians are very caring in both states about easing pain in patients. I will add that he took care of my husband's needs very efficiently and my husband received his lab tests results immediately. I wish I could report such an efficient progress in my case.

This guy is burning out. I had to manage setting up an MRI after an ultrasound found liver masses. He did not respond to my clinic email. Find a doctor who cares.

When my doctor left BMC I was told a doctor would fill my prescriptions from BMC. Dr Allen cancelled a prescription I had been taking for many years to help me sleep without seeing me or talking to me. He told a nurse to pass along the information to me. Allen is incompt. Stay away from him.

Great doctor

I and my husband have went to Dr John R. Allen for seven years and I think he is a great doctor. I have never had any problems with him and am sorry to see him leave Bend Memorial Clinic.

On my initial visit to Dr. Allen, he had not reviewed my file and know only what his assistant had told him. He spent very little time with me and made a hasty and incorrect diagnosis.