Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John R Ammon
Dr. John R Ammon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Ammon is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea and Abrazo Scottsdale Campus. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John R Ammon has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. John R Ammon has the following 1 expertise
Dr. John R Ammon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 3
Dr Ammon was very knowledgeable about my disease Hyperparathyroidism and was so encouraging on my surgery outcome! He could fully relate to all the symptoms that I have been experiencing and suffering from for a long time and only got progressively worse the last month. He performed my anesthesia during my operation at Mayo Hospital and even had a mentor working under his supervision. I was also so impressed with his bed side manner and reassuring words and comfort he shared with me before and after my surgery!! I would definitely recommend him for any surgery!! Thank you so much!
Dr. Ammon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. John R Ammon accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMAYO CLINIC HOSPITAL, 5777 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John R Ammon, MD - Anesthesiology in Phoenix, AZ, in this video.
Dr. John R Ammon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.