Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John R Ayres has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John R Ayres has the following 17 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Ganglion Cysts
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. John R Ayres has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John R Ayres is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
The most experience with Dr. Ayre was that I got the feeling on my first visit that he was a very honest and truthful Dr. in evaluating my hurting knee. The other thing was when he asked me and my husband to have a prayer before I was to go into surgery. And another thing that made me believe in him was that before I met Dr, Ayres I went to two other Orthopedic Dr's and they said a full knee replacement was needed, but Dr Ayres didnt agree with that. Therefore, I am glad another friend recommended him and I am so blessed that I met him.. he spent lots of time to talk to my husband and I during and before and after the surgery. I live in Louisville, and I am so glad that I met this wonderful Dr. in Bradenton, FL, and had my surgery there. My recovery couldn't have been any better. I will travel back to him if I ever need any more Orthopedic surgery,
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- University Of Florida College Of Medicine
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. John R Ayres accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John R Ayres in this video.
Dr. John R Ayres is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.