Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John R Babb has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Babb mistreated fractures in my legs, leading to arthritis and severe complications that have lasted for years, resulting in a disability. After the first visit, he never saw me. He would send assistants in and I heard him standing out in the hall giving them instructions. I used to be a runner, and now even years later, I can only walk short distances without pain and swelling.
I was very concerned in the course of treatment Dr. Babb had choosen for me. After not being able to find something visibility wrong with me he dismissed me and when the treatment he suggested didn't work, he treated me like I was making it up. I choose to see a different dr who despite the fact he couldn't see anything wrong with me took my word for it and was actually able to find a solution for me which was completely reasonable.
Dr Babb took care of me when I broke my heel bone and then again, to have bilateral tennis elbow taken care of. He was very knowledgable, answsered all of my questions and took care of my needs as a patient as well as my needs as a person. His staff is just as amazing as he is and I would highly recommend them.
16 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. John R Babb accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John R Babb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.