Have you seen Dr. John R Chapman?

I was very pleased with Dr. Chapman and his staff. He is very informative, efficient, and personable. People don't understand when they are dealing with a specialist, unpredictable emergencies happen that require him to fall behind, which may cause a longer wait or cancellation. My overall experience with him and my confidence in him is very positive.

Wonderful doctor

He was super. Very compassionate, and really seemed to know his stuff. He took the time to explain things to me, and didn't make me feel rushed. He answered all my questions. Nice guy!

Very Good Doctor

Very Good Doctor

Scared Patient and needed hand holding

Prompt and professional staff all the way around. Thank you for taking in a new patient in a prompt fashion. Thank you for the needed answers.

Doctor's Response

Thanks for the positive review. I'm glad also that you felt your experience with my staff was favorable. Coastal Urology insists that our staff exhibit compassion and respect to our patients. I'm pleased that they treated you well.

Wonderful doctor

Wait time was as I expected to see a specialist, but the wait was at least worth it. He really spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions. Very nice too. I definitely would use him again, or refer friends and family to him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review of your experience. Warmly, Dr. Chapman

Very Nice Doctor

I don't like going to doctors, so I was nervous about seeing Dr. Chapman, especially about my sensitive problem. However, he was really nice and made me feel comfortable talking about it. He was running a bit behind, but he still took a lot of time to talk to me about my options, and to answer all my questions. I really liked him a lot. I would recommend him for sure.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. As you can see from other reviews, one angry patient has the ability to write multiple negative reviews under different guest profiles if they so choose. It takes a lot of positive reviews to undo the damage a single person can inflict. I appreciate the time and effort you put into giving me a positive review. Warmly, Dr. Chapman

Ideal doctor

Dr. Chapman is the kindest, most gentle, competent, thorough, polite, and patient oriented doctor. He sets a standard for all physicians to aim towards. His staff, although very busy, are all very pleasant to deal with. He is a true blessing for me, especially now that I'm battling stage 4 cancer. We have the highest regard for him.

Doctor's Response

Your review was very kind. I appreciate you taking the time to write it. With appreciation, Dr. Chapman

He's rushed

Usually have to wait 40-45 minutes beyond appointment time. Does not look at lab test results etc before he come into the examining room.

Doctor's Response

I completely understand your frustration with having to wait beyond your scheduled appointment time. Please know that although you may have to wait to see me on the day of your appointment, I am going to spend as much time as you need until we have addressed all your problems. If you have a complex problems such as a new cancer diagnosis, or if you have multiple problems, I will not get up and walk out of your examination room simply because your appointment time has ended. As such, if I have a day with mulitple challenging patient appointments, I am going to end up running behind. If promptness is the most important characteristic you are looking for in a physician, then I won't be the doctor for you. However, if you desire quality care from a Urologist that is willing to treat you in a very caring and thorough fashion, then I hope you will consider seeing me again. I have made efforts to run on time better. In order to do this, I have decreased the number of patients I see per hour. I have done this despite the current medical environment in which doctors continue to get paid less and less for our services. You will find that some other doctors have increased the number of patients they see per hour, and they spend less and less time with you during each visit. I refuse to do this because I feel it has a negative impact on the quality of medical care I provide. In regards to your comments to justify your rating, please keep in mind that if I am running behind by 45 minutes, then I'm going to be inclined to review your lab/X-ray test results after I've entered the examination room in order to try and get caught up. Thus, it isn't really fair to criticize me for running behind and thus also not looking at lab test results before entering the room. Lastly, I hope that other patient realize that your ratings of 1-star (lowest rating) for "bedside manner" and "time spent with me" and not representative of how I practice. My compassionate bedside manner and the time I spend with patients are some of my strong points, not my weaknesses. I do appreciate your feedback, though. I always listen to any constructive criticism or suggestions from my patients, and I try to make improvements based on their feedback. Maybe one day I will see you in my office again. Otherwise I wish you well in your medical care. Sincerely, John Chapman, MD

Patient

I find Dr Chapman to be an outstanding urologist in my opinion as he has done mwonders for me. He is kind compastionate & very attentive to all my needs. Thank you Dr Chapman!

Thank you for your kind evaluation. -John Chapman, MD

Dr. Chapman is an excellent doctor. I did have a little bit of a wait, however, he is worth the wait. He is kind, and has an excellent bedside manor- very compassionate. He also did not rush me out the door. He took the time to really listen to my problem, and was thorough in his examination and explained what was wrong and what I could do about it. I highly recommend him!

Thank you for your kind evaluation. -John Chapman, MD

Waited forever and left

Sat in waiting room for 1 1/2 hours before I got up and left.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately I sometimes get delayed by surgery or unexpected emergencies in the hospital. I strive to have my staff call patients in advance of their appointment time to make them aware if I am running behind schedule. Your time is just as important as mine, so I do my best to stay on time. However, I work hard to give you as much time as is necessary in order to cover your medical problem thoroughly. I hope you will consider coming back to my office again in the future. I apologize for responding to your comments so late, but I only recently became aware of this website.

Dr. John R Chapman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brick, NJ.