Dr. John Donaldson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Donaldson?

Fantastic Psychiatrist

Easy to make appointment. He came out to my mother's assisted living facility to see her and it was the same price as if I took her into the office. Nice, personable Doctor. Wonderful bedside manner with my mom and also was so pleasant to the staff where mom lives. I am so happy with this psychiatrist.

Dr. Donaldson is a very kind and thoughtful physician, and he always takes the time to answer any question I have. His explanations are clear, and he always asks for my opinion and input before we ever embark on any plan. In contrast, the other physicians I have seen treat me like a child and seem irritated when I ask questions. If something goes wrong, he's always available by phone, and if I need to see him it can usually be arranged that day. He has even seen me on the weekend.

Flexible thorough

Excellent "bedside" manner. I expected medication information, what I received was an extensive evaluation of my mental health symptoms, medical issues, sleep, appetite, trauma, family history. Dr discussed with me what he was thinking, and I assisted in targeting my biggest complaints. Together we developed a plan I was on board with. In subsequent appointments we fine tuned things. I even scrapped one Med, and Dr was great about finding an alternative one.

Great with children

My son has ADHD and severe Hemophilia A. A child would have a hard time with one of those but my son has both. All my son's teachers had a certain look in their eye when my son came in the class, like oh no not him. Dr. Donaldson was patient with my son, got him on the right treatment plan and on the right path. For that I am forever greatful.

"Spends time" and "makes follow up calls" may not be indicative of someone who cares, his phone rates ( $10/minute) apply whether he calls you, you call him, or he calls another physician to tell them his "plan" for treatment. Spent 15 minutes on the phone with one of my other providers, to "discuss" a medication he was going to start me on, racked up $150, charged to me. He "consulted" with an M.D. who is the first to admit that psychiatry is beyond his scope of practice. The same could be said of John Donaldson in my experience.

Excellent Psychiatrist

I only had to wait 5 days for my first appointment and his receptionist on the phone was very helpful. He spent more time with me than other doctors have and we were not rushed during the appointment. Felt he really cared. His office called afterwards to see how I was doing. I can always reach someone at his office and he responds quickly when I need to talk to him. Offers house calls at same price as office visits! I'm never changing doctors!

Tom

Dr Donaldson offers house calls!! He goes to see my Dad in the assisted living facility in Monterey. I can relax knowing Dad is being checked on regularly by Dr. Donaldson.

WOW

Great psychiatrist. Great Doctor. He knows his stuff. Smart man. Team approach.

Sabrina

I have been seeing Dr Donaldson for over a year now. He has upgraded his office staff to provide excellent service in that arena too. I ENJOY my appointments with him. I saw several doctors before him and he is the one that has finally gotten me on the right track.

Student

He took a lot of time with me and talked to me about the plan. He helped me.

Outstanding

Dr. Donaldson took a lot of time with me and helped me understand my alternatives. It was easy to get an appointment with him and he didn't rush through it. I felt "heard".

Best

After many years of suffering from what had been misdiagnosed, Dr. Donaldson correctly diagnosed my problem and then worked with me to get me stabalized on the correct medicines to help me live a better life. He never gave up. He gave me hope along the way. I will be forever grateful to him.