Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John R Gilbert has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John R Gilbert has the following 4 expertise
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Dr. John R Gilbert has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. John R Gilbert is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Gilbert and the staff at lmc in Fort Wayne was a great dr. I recently was admitted by Dr Giobert to icu with an at first unknown viral infection. Dr Gilbert spared no testing and finally got a diagnosis of West Nile Encephalitis. Dr Gilbert stayed with me for almost an hour after getting the results of the lumbar puncture and diagnosis explaining to me what the virus entails and what I should expect/ the treatment regiment. He also spoke with my family explaining it too them after we spoke. He was very kind and courteous the entire stay!
25 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. John R Gilbert accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsForsyth Medical Center, 3333 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John R Gilbert in this video.
Dr. John R Gilbert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.