Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John R Jackson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Ok, I'll start by saying this - the staff is very good overall. There is one lady there that has a bad habit of asking you a ton of questions while you have a thermometer in your mouth - but other than that, they are very friendly. Dr. Jackson himself is friendly enough, as far as that goes. The issue I ran into is in the treatment of diabetes Specifically, he doesn't seem too keen on details where medication is concerned. I had a situation where my blood sugar started skyrocketing out of the blue, with no changes to my medication, diet, or exercise levels. He took an HA1C - which was good. This is normal for a diagnostic tool. Then, when he saw how high it was, he called me to tell me he was sending some new medication to the pharmacy to start me on. So far, so good. Well, I get to the pharmacy, and what he had prescribed was a medication I was already taking - at half the dosage I had been taking. I'm not sure what he was thinking, but I knew I needed at least a 2nd opinion. When I talked to another doctor, he tried not to show his astonishment, but I could tell he was pretty surprised as well. All he said was - we need to get you started on insulin - yesterday. He then said that I needed to schedule an eye and foot exam to ensure no damage had been done there. Long story short - there was some diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy, but nothing too significant. I'd say use extreme caution if you have any chronic conditions. You need a doctor that is going to pay attention to how the treatment plan is going.
Great Doctor .Really listens to what I have to say .And has always seen to it that I was made to feel better .
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2014, 2015, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014, 2015, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1977
Mc Lennan Co Med Ed Res Fn
Dr. John R Jackson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthcrest Family Medicine, 7768 Cumming Hwy Ste 300, Canton, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John R Jackson in this video.
Dr. John R Jackson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canton, GA.