Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John R Lilly
Dr. John R Lilly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hyattsville, MD. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Lilly is affiliated with Doctors Community Hospital, Prince Georges Hospital Center and Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John R Lilly has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
I had been having some of the worst shoulder pain I could imagine for over a year. I came in to see Doctor Lilly after reading some of the reviews online. He spent time giving me a very accurate diagnosis on my torn ligaments in my shoulder. He referred me to go to Cam Physical Therapy near his office. After about 8 weeks of therapy, the pain is almost completely gone. Doctor Lilly's diagnosis was spot on, and he referred me to the right place. Doctor Lilly's bedside manor and vast general medical knowledge is why I will be coming back. They don't make doctors like him anymore.
This doctor refuses to give me my pain medication, when I have degenerative arthritis that is progressively getting worse. I have asked him several times to do a lower lumbar xray for my spine so he can see my arthritis and he refuses and makes up excuses on why he cannot fill them. The reason I am on prescription narcotics for my arthritis is because I have chronic Kidney disease and cannot take anti-inflammatory medicines for pain management. I have told him he can do drug tests, pill counts every week and still refuses. I do not suggest this doctor to anyone with chronic back or neck pain.
Dr. Lilly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
55 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1963
Church Home Hospital
Dr. John R Lilly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJ Richard Lilly Md And Associates, 5804 Baltimore Ave, Hyattsville, MD
Dr. John R Lilly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hyattsville, MD.