Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John F Mccloskey
Dr. John F Mccloskey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Somers Point, NJ, with other offices in Galloway, NJ and Cape May Court House, NJ . He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology, Pediatrics and Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. John F Mccloskey has the following 3 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
The only thing pleasant about my vist was the staff. The doctor on the other hand just sat across the room from me calling me fat and how he could help me but doesn't want to because I'm fat. I left in tears. Not because he called me fat but, he robbed me of hope for relief to get moving again. I went to another doctor who restored my faith, he also helped me with a cortisone shot to the pinched nerve then discussed ways to help me with getting weight off. Not just dismiss me as fat and not worthy of help.
Dr. McCloskey is very good at what he does! He is a great doctor and takes the time with his patients. He has an old school approach and its refreshing to see doctors who tell you like it is! He took the time to explain to me in detail what my problem was and didn't just want to cut me open and then figure it out! I highly recommend him to anyone!!!!
48 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1970
St Vincents Hospital
Dr. John F Mccloskey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John F Mccloskey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somers Point, NJ.