Dr. John C Raiss Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John C Raiss?

Very kind, true gentleman. Really great doctor.

It really doesn't get any better than Dr. John Raiss. He is an extremely caring individual and if you tell him the honest truth about everything he can most definitely help you solve your problems. I've been going to different psychiatrist for ten years plus and this is absolutely the best one I have met. You can really tell this guy how you feel, your habits, personal things that other similar doctors might hold against you. He has patients at its highest and the most understanding level I have seen before in this field. Its worth every cent and his assistant is very kind and helpful as well. I am very satisfied with his treatment and as comfortable as I have been ever in my life in this psychiatrist's care.

Don't Even Think About HIm!

Total jerk. Never looked me in the eye, only at his computer screen. Asked yes or no questions, some over and over. I understand he is not looking for friends among his customers; I doubt he has any.

I only had one bad experience with Dr. Raiss early on when he didn't answer an e-mail and I got pushed out of shape over it. Since then, he's been good at getting back to me. Other than that, he's a concerned individual who has pretty much gotten my medication right. I look forward to my visits with him because he'll take the time allotted to me to hear me and my troubles out (I'm between psychologists). Not the guy to ask over for an afternoon of televised sports but a fine professional to gauge your pharmaceutical needs.

bad beside manner doctor

I DO NOT recommend this doctor. Don't waste your time with this doctor because he won't! No investment on his part as what is really wrong with you and how he can help. He treats you like number and acts like a machine. He is concern about getting you appointments so he can charge the insurance. The ONLY good thing about his practice is his office staff: Chris! I DO NOT recommend this doctor.

At first I liked Dr. Raiss a lot, but as time went on he was less and less concerned about my problems. I've seen him for maybe two years now. I am bipolar, but he didn't diagnose me, so I'm not sure how well he does that (I had recently moved so just needed a new doctor to continue my pharmacological treatment). When I started having additional symptoms and gave him my concerns, he didn't really give it any thought, nor did he suggest any medication adjustments. He wasn't very proactive and didn't really listen to what I was saying. He doesn't do "therapy"--he basically just does pharmacological treatment. This was fine for me since it's the only reason I went there. His office staff--Chris--is very pleasant and helpful, though recently he was having some issues with follow-through.

Nice enough

But very rough about missing appointments and gave my health insurance company the wrong diagnosis making impossible for me to get insured.

Dr. Raiss is an incompetent psychiatrist and is dangerous

I went to Dr. Raiss a number of years ago for meds to help me sleep. He prescribed Zyprexa for me which is anti psychotic drug used for schizophrenia and people who are bipolar. You don't prescribe an antipsychotic drug to a non psychotic who just wants something to help them sleep. As a result of his prescription I became deeply addicted and almost became diabetic. People have died from Zyprexa. I had to go to a very expensive drug rehab in Malibu to get free of Zyprexa. It was very painful and cost me a fortune. Do not go to Dr. Raiss, he has no business practicing medicine.

Dr. Raiss is very knowledgeable about current trends and medications. My daughter has had at least 4 other psychiatrists and Dr. Raiss is the one who finally got her medications right. He is not warm and fuzzy (although his office assistant, Chris, is)but he is sharp, organized and clearly up to date on his psychopharmacology.

Dr. John C Raiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.