Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John G Riehm MD
Dr. John G Riehm, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with other offices in Shepherdsville, KY and Louisville, KY (and 6 other locations). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Riehm is affiliated with Baptist Hospital East. He speaks English.
Dr. John G Riehm has 9 locations
1707 Cedar Grove Rd Ste 7
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
4644 Chamberlain Ln
Louisville, KY 40241
9336 Cedar Center Way
Louisville, KY 40291
4420 Dixie Hwy Ste 105
Louisville, KY 40216
313 Federal Dr NW Ste 120
Corydon, IN 47112
9113 Leesgate Rd
Louisville, KY 40222
3930 Dupont Cir
Louisville, KY 40207
1707 Cedar Grove Rd Ste 7
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Book Online Now
Dr. John G Riehm has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John G Riehm has the following 12 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Dr. John G Riehm is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
A friend now after all these years. He is one of the best and most caring doctors I have ever known.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John G Riehm - Posted on January 3rd, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. John G Riehm - Posted on June 18th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. John G Riehm - Posted on March 13th, 2015
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Riehm is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. John G Riehm Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Louisville HMOx
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John G Riehm is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Louisville, KY.