Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Riesenman
Dr. John Riesenman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redlands, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry. Dr. Riesenman is affiliated with St. Bernardine Medical Center, Redlands Community Hospital and Menifee Valley Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Riesenman has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Psychology
A psychologist is someone who specializes in the study of the mind, as well as human behavior. Psychologists sometimes focus on certain types of people or certain age ranges. Commonly you might find a child psychologist, school psychologist or clinical psychologist to name a few. There are many reasons why someone would see a psychologist including PTSD, issues with self esteem, OCD, alcoholism, ADD and more.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
This doctor has been most unhelpful in my anxiety crisis. I called to inquire about some unpleasant side effects of a new drug he had prescribed, and he was abrupt, aloof, and very uncompassionate. He finally told me to go back to my original drug and essentially abandoned me. I would never recommend this man.
I LOVE Dr. Riesenman. He is very detailed and takes his time. He really looks at the whole picture and tries to find natural ways to help ease symptoms. He is extremely knowledgeable and very intelligent. I have complete trust in him and wish, wish, wish that he could be my primary health physician! I feel he is more intuned to modern health than my own MD at Loma Linda. Thank you Dr. R! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. Wait time is a little long but I know it is because he is very thorough with each patient and he is really worth any wait. He is also in Redlands only two days a week, so his appointments fill up quickly.
Dr Riesenman was the 1st psychiatrist I saw on my road to treatment and self-care. At 1st I thought he was a great doctor, a bit blunt and coarse in manner but knowledgeable.As time went on, I began to feel uncomfortable seeing this doctor. He was pushing me to buy supplements from a local company he is affiliated with and encouraging me to read Scientology based books, I feel as a doctor he should be more neutral about these things.Also, a couple times I called his office when I was having an emergency situation, one I was suicidal and in crisis, on the other occasion I was having a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to a new medication. On both accounts it took him hours to return my call, by which time if I hadn't sought out other sources of help with the assistance of friends from my support group the outcome could have been quite grim.In the end I stopped going to Dr. Riesenman due to the combination of all these events and have since been seeing a new psychiatrist whom is a very good doctor.
Dr. Riesenman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Bernardine Medical Center
Loma Linda University Medical Center
32 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. John Riesenman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsINLAND PSYCH REDLANDS, 255 Terracina Blvd, Redlands, CA
Dr. John Riesenman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redlands, CA.