Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Ringman
Dr. John M Ringman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. His specialties include Neurological Surgery and Neurology. Dr. Ringman is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Uc Irvine Medical Center. Dr. Ringman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Ringman has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognition Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Ringman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. John M Ringman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonald Reagan Ucla Medical Center, 757 Westwood Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Ringman in this video.
Dr. John M Ringman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.