Dr. John D Roscoe Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John D Roscoe Jr?

Creep!

Was very inappropriate and creepy! I will never go back to his office. I believe there's a reason no one else works in his office- no receptionist, assistant or anyone- and I think it's because he is a creep!

Great Doctor!

Wonderful Family Physician

Dr. Roscoe has been our family physician for over 20 years. When my son was 4 he had a terrible strep throat and fever on Christmas Eve. I called Dr. Roscoe, who agreed to meet us at the office because he said "You don't want to spend Christmas Eve in ER". When my other son was 12 and had a serious poison ivy reaction, Dr. Roscoe took the time away from yardwork on a Saturday to meet us at the office. He is genuine, caring, and the rare physician who actually listens to you. When I recently had a question about an ultrasound because I was confused by the ultrasound doctor's diagnosis, Dr. Roscoe called the doctor for me to clarify then called me right back. I highly recommend this doctor.

good doctor

Short wait time, excellent care.

Patient for 8 years

I read a few reviews and there were comments about paying bills (or not) and no reminder calls. Hey folks - how about paying your bills and showing up on time, like adults? Roscoe has been my personal physician for 8 years and I see him about once per year. No issues. I show up on time, wait 5-10 minutes, and he examines me. All good. He is courteous, professional, and a good doctor as far as I can tell. No issues with billing, friendly staff, and if he wants to take a day off in the middle of the week I'm OK with that. My guess is he's working anyway (hospital or at home).

horrible experience

My husband seen this doctor as a child so we decided to switch our family to Dr.Roscoe well for 1 hes never in the office so if you have a child plan on going to the ER all the time! 2 secretary is very rude! 3 owed some money on a bill because our insurance hadn't met the deductible yet, so my son gets sick he had a fever on and off for a week but since he is never in the office I go to the ER! Well son is still sick secretary tells me to come in make a payment arrangement with the doc and he will see my so with a fever! So we drive to valpo from chesterton I go in and they will NOT see my son unless I agree to pay 80.00 a month even though my insurance will now cover the whole visit! So once again my time is wasted and my 4 year old would not be seen because of 200.00! A DOCTOR can more than afford to see when we are paying for the initial visit! So any Doctor in my opinion who turns down a sick child with an ongoing fever over 102 for a week in my opinion should retire or not work with children!

Very pleased

I see this Dr. Roscoe once per month for my condition over the last year. For a while, I had been scheduling my next appointment out every month. 2 months in a row I overlooked my appointment. They do not give reminder calls. But, I was able to get in 2 days later. One annoying thing is that they are closed on Thursdays. So, after the other forgotten appointment I just showed up Friday morning. The receptionist greeted me warmly enough and I had a little wait of 15 minutes or so. There were no comments about my missed appointments by the receptionist and that was nice. Even better, no extra charge was tacked on for missed appointments as has happened in the past with my previous Dr. Dr. Roscoe has good bedside manner, always taking a brief moment for small talk. He has a very down to earth deneanor. He works with my medication concerns and helps with alternatives and discusses their pros and cons.He seems like a very good man and I believe myself to be an excellent judge of character.