Ms. Hughes

Life saver!!! Very attention, willing to listen and wants to help. In 2008 I thought I would be home due to migraines. He had me on the mend in 6 months with a plan of care to continue. He was at UAB but I would fly to him if needed again.

Very thorough evaluation.

Dr. Rothrock was very thorough in explaining my migraines to me. He gave me a great deal of literature on prodomes, aruas & migraines with & without pain. He offered multiple options with medication & treatment to help me function with my chronic migraines. He wasn’t able to cure me but his knowledge & advice has helped me manage them & function. He is an Excellent Neurologist!!!

Best Doctor I've Ever Had

I've been dealing with undiagnosed, chronic health issues for years. They remain undiagnosed because all my other doctors and specialists write me off as an "anxious female." To the extent they've done this, and because I'm now permanently disabled as a result, I'm appalled they manage to continually convince themselves they have any professional integrity. In comes Dr. Rothrock. Late. I HATE lateness, and I'm payed by the hour, so he was also costing me money. I was his first appt of the day, and he apologized with an excuse about the traffic into DC. Ok. I'd already decided to hate him. To wrap this up though: by the end of my 30-minute appointment, I was convinced he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Why? 1. He believed me. 2. He explained everything to me at the appropriate level of complexity - he "met me where I was." 3. He explained the mechanics of my migraines so I could understand my treatment better. 4. He enumerated levels of possible pain, and offered solutions for all of them. Cherry on top of it all - he kindly ordered me the MRI and echo-cardiogram that the other idiot-doctors refused. I'd never written a "thank you" letter to a doctor before, but Dr. Rothrock got one from me that same day. Though I've now lost my health insurance, and can't seek his services anymore, I'm eternally grateful to him - simply because he reminded me that there are still a few medical professionals who care about AND RESPECT their patients.

King

I am an ex patient. I would go so far as to say Dr R will go the full distance to give you a life back. He did for me. For many years. Because I don't know, I can't say that, anymore. Did leave me in a bind. But some of you whiners...you guys keep it up. You make me laugh. I assure you it won't bother/sadly it might/ so nm...Dr R. As far as it goes, he put me through ringer and pushed the limits as far as he knew how to help! Until he vanished. I understand he does this. Otherwise, he is the King of neurology/pain management!

Disapointed

Dr. Rothrock was my dr for ten years, give or take. He saved my life. He allowed me to live without excruciating pain for many years. He treated me with Oxycontin and my choice of breakthrough pain meds while attempting new treatments along the way. He was a saviour. I liked him personally and professionally. Then, one day, I recieved a letter that he would no longer prescribe the Oxycontin. I went for my next visit and he said remain taking Dilaudid and switch to 5mg of Methadone TID. The switch was unbearable, and has injured my lifestyle to this day. I have no idea what happened to the loving, caring man I knew for all those years. Aside from his betrayal. He IS the smartest person in the room. And when he speaks you remember it. Just like with me he stated "we are down to the narcotics room...we have tried everything else and I can better your life..it's your choice." Well, he left me and I had no choice. Aside from him ruining my life...he is the best dr I ever have set foot in the presence! Why he did what he did??? But, he is not a bad man. His motives??? Good luck!

Dr. John Rothrock is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Reno, NV.

Dr. John Rothrock Is this you?