Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Royall
Dr. John Royall, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rumson, NJ. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Royall is affiliated with Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center and Riverview Medical Center, Red Bank. He speaks English.
Dr. John Royall has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr.Royal missed a tumor in my bronchi even when provided with a CD of my chest cat scan with contrast. He either did not look at the CD or looked at it and missed it. Months later, I saw a Pulmonologist in NY who viewed the CD in front of us and pointed to it plain as day. As a result of the time I lost, my surgery and recovery were much longer and more difficult. Dr. Royall said my breathing difficulty and reduced lung function were probably probably caused by an overproduction of mucous and advised high doses of steroids! Don't go to him for a diagnosis.
I did a sleep study that gave invalid data and had to be repeated. This so called doctor insisted to be paid for the failed study. When I refused, he had his collection agency put a negative entry on my otherwise perfect credit report. I had to hire an attorney and I may have to sue him to make him remove the negative report. Very unprofessional!
Dr. Royall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Riverview Medical Center
Riverview Medical Center, Red Bank
43 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1970
Dr. John Royall accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions108 Avenue of Two Rivers, Rumson, NJ
Dr. John Royall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rumson, NJ.