Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John E Ruark has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John E Ruark has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. John E Ruark has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Attuned, careful, compassionate. The most talented and nuanced therapist I have ever met. He has the courage and caring to treat deeply injured patients who are so difficult that other therapists dare not accept. My life has been changed for the better. In fact, he has saved my life. My own anger has been reduced and gift of warmth, kindness, understanding has been unlocked and echoes through my life. I suspect that the other responses were from intractably angry people who would dump their toxic perspective on any therapist.
There are VERY few psychiatrists who forgo the 400$/hr fees you collect when you see people for @100.00 per 15 minute appointment. John is one of those uncommon practitioners. He is well versed in both western perspectives of care as well as an integrative practitioner utilizing eastern principles, giving a "zen" balance to western psychotherapy. I now know six people who have seen him and have had their lives changed. Highly, highly recommended.
OK, I've only seen three psychiatrists in my life, but I live Dr Ruark a lot. Most of them just nod their head and ask you how you feel about the details and hopefully you will "enlighten" yourself. That really didn't help me.Dr Ruark was able to cut through all the nonsense that was confusing me and actually help. He helped me through my divorce and suggested a few ways to look for a new relationship. I couldn't be happier with my wife and new baby daughter. Thanks Dr Ruark.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJohn Edward Ruark Md, 885 Oak Grove Ave Ste 301A, Menlo Park, CA
Dr. John E Ruark is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Menlo Park, CA.