Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Ruggian has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John C Ruggian has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. John C Ruggian has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John C Ruggian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
After years of seeing this doc, this is only one who has never set up a follow-up for a yearly exam or blood work, never hear from the office staff either, when other docs make a follow up appointment with you the same day. Gives you a brief visit, meds and send you on your way. Just doesn't seem interested in his patients enough for me.
I am so happy that I finally found a doctor who listens to me. Dr. Ruggian diagnosed me when it seemed nobody else could. An excellent find! The staff is friendly and makes you feel right at home. Very warm and always willing to give you a smile. I think that is important, especially when you are not feeling your best.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ruggian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1989
Winthrop University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJohn C Ruggian Md, 1901 S 25th St # 103, Fort Pierce, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Ruggian in this video.
Dr. John C Ruggian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Pierce, FL.