Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Runyon Jr
Dr. John Runyon Jr, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology and Cardiology. Dr. Runyon is affiliated with The Christ Hospital, CMH Regional Health System/CLINTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL and University Hospital, Inc. Dr. Runyon has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John Runyon Jr has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. John Runyon Jr has the following 8 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Dr. John Runyon Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Runyon Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Runyon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Christ Hospital
CMH Regional Health System/CLINTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
University Hospital, Inc
Butler County Medical Center
Mercy Hospital Fairfield
Mercy Hospital Anderson
Jewish Hospital, The
Brown County Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital
Mercy Hospital Mt Airy
Adams County Regional Medical Center
West Chester Medical Center
Atrium Medical Center
Adams County Hospital
Fort Hamilton Hospital
Bethesda North Hospital
Middletown Regional Hospital
30 Years Experience
University of Kentucky
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2123 Auburn Ave, Cincinnati, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Runyon Jr in this video.
Dr. John Runyon Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.