Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John S Ferris has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Overweight Related Conditons
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
My family and I have been going to Dr. Ferris for 20+ years. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate. More often than not - spot on in his diagnosies. At times the office is extremely busy due to so many people who come to this group of knowledgable doctors - but I have never walked out of there feeling rushed. They schedule appointments accordingly and I have never waited longer than 10 minutes max to get in. I have recommended many people to Dr. Ferris and will continue to do so.
Hard to believe a couple of these reviews. Guess that just proves you can't please everyone. I have been a patient of the practice for at least five years and have always found Dr. Ferris and his staff to be very accomodating to my medical needs. His nurse is able to get me in for an emergent problem in the same day, or advise me what to do if appointment not needed. He is able to get to the point and address my needs rapidly, but not in a rushed manner. His care has always been appropriate and his staff handles the referrals better than prior offices where I have been a patient. No one is perfect and can please every one all the time I'm sure, but if you want a caring doctor and staff who won't keep you waiting for hours on end every time I'd recommend Dr. Ferris highly.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2013, 2014, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ferris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. John S Ferris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGrapevine Internal Medicine Center, 1604 Lancaster Dr, Grapevine, TX
Dr. John S Ferris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.