Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John S Park
Dr. John S Park, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Barberton, OH, with another office in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Park is affiliated with Summa Akron City Hospital. Dr. Park has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John S Park has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Terrible experience! He incorrectly coded my ROUTINE, Baseline Colonostomy procedure as NON ROUTINE and my insurance would not cover at 100%. The insurance company suggested he re-code to correct; he refused. It cost me almost $500 out of pocket and should have been covered 100%! My primary care, referring physician has apologized over and over and totally disagrees with Dr. Park coding! His decision to not correct and re-code was insensitive and wrong!!!!
Dr. Park is one of the most caring physicians it has been my privilege to deal with. He takes time with his patients, explains procedures thoroughly and doesn't make his patients feel rushed if they have questions or don't quite understand. Thank you Dr. Park, you will be missed in your Alliance practice.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Park is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1989
Dr. John S Park accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John S Park is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Barberton, OH.