Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Safranek has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 2 of 2
When needing extra help from the Professional's at the ER, Dr. Safranek didn't care if I new he didn't trust or believe what I was saying. He questions a patient in a way to almost make them sound like they're lying and then doesn't want to believe them. I've had Clusters for over 20 years and this Dr. obviously didn't believe me ( or just didn't care) and didn't want to treat me, because I heard him tell the nurse this(he didn't want to treat me), but he did.. At the time this was all going on I even had nurses tell me to not cry from the pain I was in. ( this was all some years ago) but since we now have this opportunity to rate Dr.'s I feel I should. Not long after this, I found out I had a tumor growing in my head pushing on my brain and the dura covering my brain had turned to mush and my Clusters were going nuts. I have 3 plates and 12 screws in my head today (bone gone) from the tumor and.... am now on my second tumor. IF you can't trust a patient in what they tell you....how can YOU give them proper care to help them feel better! When a person HAS to go to the ER they're already at their worse, and then to be Interrogated like a criminal and literally almost not get treated because the Dr. Has ISSUES of his own which I have nothing to do with...really does a disservice for the GOOD of the patient! I wish ALL Dr.'s would be Dr.s for the Good of the people and not other reasons. Sorry for such a neg. review here, but this Dr. was wrong in his perception of me! I want to add, I don't know if he has his own clinic now or still works at the ER, and I always had written on my discharge papers to follow up with my Dr. , but to be treated in such a manner to feel like you have to defend yourself because your having a Medical problem is beyond me!
30 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. John P Safranek accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColumbus Community Hospital, 4600 38th St, Columbus, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John P Safranek in this video.
Dr. John P Safranek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, NE.