Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Sandiford
Dr. John Sandiford, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, VA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Sandiford is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center, Fairfax Hospital and Reston Town Center Pediatrics. He speaks English.
Dr. John Sandiford has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. John Sandiford has the following 4 expertise
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
Dr. John Sandiford is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Sandiford is an intelligent and excellent physcian, with excellent bedside manner. He is a very good, if not the best surgeon/doctor for what he does in this area. I heard great reviews before seeing him, from patients to nurses/staff that have worked with him and I really enjoyed being his patient. I will always recommend him !!Administrative staff is... ehh. But the most immportant thing is that this doctor is excellent.
Dr. Sandiford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Virginia Hospital Center
Reston Town Center Pediatrics
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Chippenham/JHNSTN Wils Hospitals
ChippenhamJhnstn Wils Hospitals
43 Years Experience
University Of Edinburgh
Graduated in 1970
New Britain General Hospital
Dr. John Sandiford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsMetropolitan Surgical Associates, 1715 N George Mason Dr, Arlington, VA
Dr. John Sandiford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.