Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Scaffidi Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I would deff recommend Dr. Scaffidi to any women in need of an OBGYN.. Doctor Scaffidi has been a great doctor and his staff are amazing... I've been a patient since 2002-2003 and never even though of changing... Keep up the good work and Thanks for caring for your patients !!!
Dr Scaffidi in my eyes is an excellent dr! I would recommend him and his office to anyone. We had our son via c section and he was and is perfect!! His office staff is personable and help you with everything! Dr Scaffidi himself is very informable and if he has any concerns about anything he sends you to the right professionals as he did with me! He was great in the OR and followups, saw him everyday in the hospital! Love him wouldn't go to anyone else and that's not easy for me to say cause I've been to alot of doctors so to trust one is very hard!!
HE DELIVERED MY SON AT 38 WEEKS BY A SCEDULED C SECTION AND TOLD MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF THAT AFTER 37 WEEKS BABIES ARE FULLY DEVELOPED AND IT IS SAFE! SO OF COURSE YOU TRUST YOUR DOCTOR, BUT WHEN MY SON WAS BORN HE HAD PREMATURE LUNGS!! HE THANK GOD IS A HEALTHY LITTLE BOY, BUT HE AT THE TIME WAS CRITICALLLY SICK, AND IT WAS THE SCARIEST TIME OF OUR LIFE. ALL BECAUSE DR. SCAFFIDI, (IF YOU WANT TO CALL HIM THAT) DIDN'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OR JUST DIDN'T CARE I AM STILL NOT QUITE SURE WHICH IT WAS, BECAUSE HIS CARE FOR OUR FAMILY ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!!!! HE COULD HAVE CARED LESS WHAT HE DID, AND UNFORTUNATELY WAS NOT ABLE TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS, AND NOR DID HE CARE! SO I AM WRITING THIS TO HOPEFULLY PREVENT HIM FROM BEING ABLE TO DO THIS TO ANYBODY ELSE! HE IS A HORRIBLE PERSON AND DOCTOR!
38 - 42 weeks is considered a term pregnancy by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and is in every textbook of obstetrics. It is truly unfortunate that lung problems can occur, but they do, even at term at a rate of less than 1%. Thankfully, the full recovery rate is almost 100%. I'm glad that your child has no permanent repercussions and is doing well.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
30 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1988
St Barnabas Medical Center
Dr. John J Scaffidi Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John J Scaffidi Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.