Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John B Schenck MD
Dr. John B Schenck, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hilton Head Island, SC, with another office in Elgin, SC. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John B Schenck has 2 locations
25 Hospital Center Blvd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Dr. John B Schenck has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John B Schenck has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
Dr. John B Schenck is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. John B Schenck - Posted on April 8th, 2016
This has to be one of the worst Medical offices I have ever gone to. The staff is not only rude but unaware and uneducated. My last three appointments were cancelled by the staff due to the Dr. having a previous engagement. You would think they would know his calendar, you would also think they would squeeze you in somewhere, but no, you have to wait another 3 months for an appointment. So if you do the math, they cancelled by last 3 appointments, it has now been a year since I have seen him. When you finally do get to see the Dr. he just agrees with what you tell him and does not have any insight or recommendations for you. Doesn't sound like much of a care provider. In search of new endrocrinologist. Any suggestions?
Self-verified patient of Dr. John B Schenck - Posted on December 1st, 2015
This office employs the rudest people that I have ever dealt with in a medical office. And Dr. Schenck wouldn't know how to diagnose hypothyroidism if it stared him in the face! Unfortunately, there are no other endocronologists in the area, so he has a monopoly and he and his office staff can treat patients like crap! If you can make the trip to Savannah or Charleston, do it! Stay away from this office!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John B Schenck - Posted on September 17th, 2015
20 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. John B Schenck Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John B Schenck is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hilton Head Island, SC.