Dr. John Schietroma Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Schietroma?

Excellent and Professional Service

I found both Dr. Schietroma and his office staff (Harrisburg Office) to be pleasant, professional and prompt. He was very kind and patient with my surgery and concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Schietroma for your any eye treatments or surgical needs.

NO bedside manner!

Another poster said this: "While Dr. Schietroma openly prides himself in his expertise, his bedside manners and responses to my inquiries were unprofessional, rude, and condescending. He became defensive and loudly, exclaimed, If you don't want to come, don't come!" He approached the situation with a flat affect and extremely apathetic manner, one which yields a feeling of inferiority and mistrust. Perhaps he has difficulty with interpersonal relationship skills or he simply doesnt care. Whichever it is, I am not comfortable seeking professional advice from a Doctor who approaches me in a such a manner and will explore a second opinion in the hopes I will find a doctor with both expertise and an ability to communicate respect and concern for his patients." He did the same thing to me in pre-op which caused me to ask the nurses why he was so mean. They responded that his bedside manner WAS lacking, but that he was an excellent surgeon. There is no excuse for that behavior in my opinion!. The next follow up appointment I had, he was extremely nasty and when I was just asking if I would have another option than what he was explaining to me, he snapped, "LISTEN HERE! You can either do what I'm telling you or go someplace else!" I also was questioning a time frame that I SWEAR he did not explain to me and he snapped at me again that he most certainly DID tell me that because he tells all his patients. I almost ended up crying because I know if he HAD explained the post-op, I might have not even had the surgery and I NEVER felt so chastised or belittled by a doctor for asking a question in my life. I was very close to storming out of his office to never return, but because he was following up with me post-surgery, I felt I needed to go back. I did call my referring doctor to express my complaints. My next visit I didn't ask any questions and he seemed a little less nasty..just matter of fact. The last visit he seemed a little more empathetic and nicer. I was glad when my care was finished. The surgery he performed WAS successful so I can't argue that he isn't an excellent surgeon.

my most trusted doctor

I tend to be a little untrusting of most doctors, but I trust tba doctor completely. He is truthful, informative, and has always been accurate about every stage of my diagnosis.

Poor Bedside Manners

Dr. John Schietroma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisburg, PA.