Have you seen Dr. John Seals?

Worth the wait

Yes. You will most likely have to sit in the waiting room for a while. HE IS WORTH THE WAIT. When my sons see Dr Seals, he takes as much time as is necessary to ask questions, LISTEN to the answers, and develop a care plan. Because he takes as much time as he needs, Dr Seals has picked up on symptoms that many other doctors have missed. I am so glad that a coworker referred us to him.

Fantastic Neurologist

Dr Seals has been our kiddos Neurologist for 8 years (since birth). He is great. Takes time with us and gives lots of useful information. I wouldn't want any other Neurologist!

Do not go to this office

Do not go to this DR for any neurology work. His office staff does not follow up with you not do they tell you that you are responsible in following up. The Dr will not give you a diagnosis and requires that YOU call the office for follow-up? The front desk also refers the patients to another neurologist. Guess they realize this Dr does not treat the patients well.

Unbelievably caring and attentive (Fabulous)

Dr. John Seals was recommended by a co-workers spouse. I can not begin to describe the happiness that I have in finding a physician who actually takes the time to sit down and takes notes about your child (his/her condition) and is caring enough to have different strategies for their well-being. He is such a wonderful pediatric neurologist that I actually came home to give a review because his professionalism and dedication to actually LISTEN which is unparalleled in medicine these days. I agree with a few other posts that the wait time might be a little long but he takes the time and focuses on one patient at a time. I give a 5 star rating (out of 5) or 100%. I hope all pediatric physicians and residents out there get to witness bed-side manners such as his.

Dr. Seals, is a decent dr but the wait time is horrible. The office manager is cold, uncaring and arrogant. I would not recomend him to my friends, the wait time and attitudes make a already stressful situation worse, I feel knots in my stomach every time we visit.

Best doctor!

Dr. Seals is the best doctor I have ever had to deal with! He is very knowledgable, documents everything, and respects a parents perspective when it comes to medication. The wait is hard to deal with but I tell everyone that I will wait all day for my child to see the best doctor. We unfortunately had to move away from the area and no longer have him as a dr. but we feel so thankful that he has helped us get to the point we are with my son. Without Dr. Seals I feel we would still be trying to find the problem rather than working on a solution.

What to do Now

What are his patients going to do or What Dr. will they see - since he no longer is taking medicaid patients? My daughter has been seeing him since she was a child and now she in almost 30 yrs old and with his help she hasn't had a seizure since 2008. No letter or phone call from the office.

waste of time

My son had to wait 6 months for his initial consult with Dr. Seals. When we arrived we found people lying on the floor and in the hall. Some had sleeping bags as they were already aware how long the wait to be seen was. We waited FIVE HOURS!!! The only seating as a wooden bench with carpet stapled to it. Once in the actual office, Dr. seals spoke with me (the mother) for about 5 minutes. He never asked my son (the patient) a single question, nor did he do any type of exam. He stated he wanted to do a sleep study before proceeding any further. Not sure why because my son was seeing him due to an ASD diagnosis. The insurance wouldn't allow the sleep study so he was never seen again. HORRIBLE experience!!!

Dr Seals is a Special Blessing!!

Dr. Seals is the best neurologist around. I have taken my son to him, since he was a year old. He is now 30 years old. Dr. Seals is a blessing! He always explains everything so simple, so they you can understand. I know the waiting is long, but its well worth it!! He has taken care of my children, and he has always been the best in his profession. His staff is very friendly and prompt with any kind of situation, you may have. If you are looking for someone to take care of your loved ones....He's the Best!!! He is GOD SENT!!!May God Bless Him Always!!

Dr. Seals is a phenomenal physician. Two of my children are in his care. One has since passed away. I couldn't have asked for better care for the two of them. I highly recommend Dr. Seals.

Dedicated, good listener, works hard to find the answers

We just started seeing Dr. Seals, and I find him quit impressive, and very, very knowledgable. My daughter had gone to another doctor and was at the point of being suicidal. He has taken her off many medications causing problems. Now she is doing so much better. He is a God sent. The wait may be longer than usual, but he is worth the wait! His quality of care and knowledge is superior!

Wonderful Doctor!!

My daughter was diagnosed with petit mal seizures when she was five years old, Dr. Seals is a blessing!! He is through and explains everything at every visit. He answers every question and is NEVER in a rush!!Thank you Dr. Seals for being so wonderful!! I recommend you to EVERYONE who is in need of a pedi-neurologist :)

Dr. John Seals is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.

Dr. John Seals Is this you?