Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John D Sedovy has the following 1 specialty
Dr. John D Sedovy has the following 3 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
Showing 5 of 9
John spent time discussing what he would do and confirming there was a low risk but there is some risk. My mind was at ease as has record is excellent. He also took 5 minutes to discuss the need for more computer tools to implement consistent processes to reduce the number of medical mistakes. This led us to discuss healthcare related to the clinician's cognitive conundrum that there is too much new medical developments for the individual doctor to keep up with. There is a need for immediate help with diagnosis based on the patents symptoms. all in all it was a satisfactory experience. None doctor related experience. I felt too rushed during the pre-review with the nurse on what preparation was required for the endoscopy. There has been no follow up but I was not expecting any for this procedure.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Carilion Health System
Dr. John D Sedovy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Sedovy in this video.
Dr. John D Sedovy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, VA.